abroad.uk

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Ceroc

What's that ? Never heard about it ?

In UK, Ceroc is very popular. It's a dance which is a fusion of Jive (Rock'n'roll) and Salsa. It is really becoming a dance phenomenon here. It can be danced to any style of music and many people new to dance try to learn it.

To compare it with 6-step and 4-step Jive as you can learn it in France, I would say it's between both of them. It is smoother than 4-step French Jive with much more style (like in Salsa). You can easily adapt 6-step Jive movements to Ceroc but you need to be careful because it's a 4-step dance.

When you already know Rock'n'roll, it's easy to learn it and you can have great fun in the numerous parties organized here.
I had yesterday my first lesson in Luton and I stayed there for 3 hours and a half. Even when I wanted to have a rest, I couldn't because there was always a lady inviting me. Sometimes it's nice but tiring as well. Anyway, I enjoyed it a lot.

To see sample videos from beginner to advanced level, go there : Ceroc Videos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home